Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Convention demo, Elmira Habibullah

I feel really bad about this... we spelled her last name wrong on her name tag... (we missed one of the L's).

Elmira is a young artist (I think mid 20's?) who was born in Iran and moved to Canada a couple of years ago. She's at a Vancouver University finishing up her degree, and she paints in a traditional Turkish style, which she was taught by a master in Iran. You can check out her website for more work, but here's the stuff she bought and demonstrated with at the convention.






She also gave another demo on a traditional Italian technique (you can see it on her website), but I wasn't able to make it into that demo...

Oh, and we also had a 'People's Choice' award, and out of everything displayed, she won... second or third prize (I feel bad I can't remember that...)

That piece is here:


No comments:

Post a Comment